Error when Installing K-12 Intranet Demo

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Execution of Powershell script failed:

Message: An error while trying to restore the Contoso District Schools intranet site

Source: CounterPackInstaller

Above is the error that I got while trying to install the K-12 intranet pack, I am new on this and am trying this for the first time. Does any one know what I am doing wrong or where I missed the guidelines to install this.?

Thank You.

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM

What version of Sharepoint are you trying to install the Content Packs on? We found an issue with the Content Packs with Sharepoint SP1 (as the metadata has changed) and have updated the Content Packs and in the process of uploading a new version today.

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Just released the updated Content Packs that will work with Sharepoint SP1.

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:39 AM
Hi,
thanks for the response:
My systems is Windows 2008 R2 server
Sharepoint 2010 v4
Content Packs.. using version 1.0 K12 packs

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 09:04:26 -0800
Subject: Re: Error when Installing K-12 Intranet Demo [SP2010Education:280228]

What version of Sharepoint are you trying to install the Content Packs on? We found an issue with the Content Packs with Sharepoint SP1 (as the metadata has changed) and have updated the Content Packs and in the process of uploading a new version today.

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SP2010Education@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SP2010Education@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Nov 22, 2011 at 6:46 AM
Where can i get that?

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:05:26 -0800

Just released the updated Content Packs that will work with Sharepoint SP1.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SP2010Education@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SP2010Education@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 2:53 PM

the updated release is now under the Downloads tab of the codeplex solution. If you continue to have any issues please contact me directly and I can assist at kenmal@microsoft.com

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:12 PM
Hi,
Got the downloads and tried them, but getting a different error:
An error occured while trying to set permission for the Contoso District Schools intranet site..
You can not calll a method on a null-valued expression.

I am 'new' in this and just want to install and see what /and how I can use this..

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:53:56 -0800

the updated release is now under the Downloads tab of the codeplex solution. If you continue to have any issues please contact me directly and I can assist at kenmal@microsoft.com

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:42 AM
Hi
Also getting the same error as before, error: An error occurred while trying to restore the Contoso.

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:53:56 -0800

Dec 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Hi Kenmal,

I am getting error "Execution of Powershell script failed" while trying to install "Contoso K12 BI Content Pack". Please help me..

Regards,
Aishwarya

Dec 1, 2012 at 9:47 AM

can we integrate this template with office 365, sharepoint online ? please reply me to my mail id aishu1.rk@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Any reply ???