Error installing the K-12 Extranet Content Pack

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Error Message:
Execution of PowerShell script failed:
An error occured while trying to import the BDC model for the external content type.

I screencapped the error and threw it up on Picasa.

The Intranet installed correctly and works well.  The People Pack seemed to install correctly and I forced a full syncronization of the user profiles after installing the People pack.  The install had been running for a few minutes before failing.  I ran the installer with the CONTOSO\administrator account in the http://extranet.contoso.edu path.  All the powershell scripts for the K-12 Extranet pack were unblocked.

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2010 at 10:25 PM

I spoke with the developer of this and he is asking if you can provide a bit more info to help debug the problem.

• Send us the installation log file for that content pack
    • it is located in the same directory as the content packs C:\content packs and should be install-http_extranet_contoso_edu-[datetime Stamp].log
  • Run the install again, and expand the inner exception and stack trace sections  as much as you can so we can see more details and send us a screen shot.
  • you can email the info directly to kenmal@microsoft.com

thanks

ken

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:51 AM
Edited May 1, 2013 at 4:32 AM
I can't find any solution about this same problem...

I have a lot of question follow:

1 the help manual is Content_Pack_Installation_Instructions.docx, appendix C, need to install a fast search server 2010, did MS make a mistake here? who can find a beta version fast search server 2010 like these demo sharepoint pack ?

2 the manual relation demo pack is 1.0.0, but the download pack is 2.0.0, MS missed very basic work!

3 when install Contoso_K12_BI_Content_Pack_2.0.0.zip, a lot of error when install, and can't be copyed, :(

exception type system.exeception...
in the third level error area:
cannot find type [Microsoft .SqlServer.Management.Smo.server]: make sure the assembly containing this type is loaded.+

search solution, install SharedManagementObjects_amd64.msi can solve this issue, but another error happened...