Unable to Extract University Extranet Demo

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I am unable to extract the University Extranet Demo files (.001, .002, .003).  7zip gives an error that is was unable to open the file as archive.

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2010 at 1:35 AM

I just downloaded all three files and was able to extract them using 7zip. Once you have the three files downloaded open 7zip and select the .001 file and extract that. I should extract all three files. If you select the .002 or .003 file you will get an error.

Let me know if you still have a problem.

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Hi, kenmal

I'm currently stalked at the beginning of the instalation, the porblem is when the install.ps1 runs it runs ok until asks for the ApplicationPool Account, I tried several accounts (IIS App\default, Admin, Network, etc) but I receive the error AppPool Account Not Found.

PD: I'm currently running with the administrator account.

I'll appreciate any help.

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Apparently people were having problems with 7Zip so I converted the Contoso University Extranet Files to .RAR files as self-extracting files. There are still 3 files to download for the University Extranet Content pack. Once you download the three files all you need to do is double click on the contosou_extranet.part1.exe file and it should extract all the files for you.

Let us know if you still have any issues.

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I just used 7-zip to combine the files.  I had issues, but it was because the third file did not download completely.  The issue had nothing to do with 7-zip.

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Sorry I replied to an older email on the issue with not being able to extract the files.

For your problem with the Application pool you should be able to use the administrator account that you are logged into. Make sure you use domain\accountname when entering the account name.

Let me know if you still have any issues and we can get on a conference call to help you solve it.