Sharepoint 2010 Edu Demo

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I was trying to install sharepoint 2010 Edu demo, but didnt get any luck to install this on my windows server 2008. The installation guide says that it has to be a sharepoint foundation 2010 with SQL 2008 R2. and what i experience is that we dont need a foundation server. The installation requires a full sharepoint server. Another problem is the installtion guide or instruction are not very clear. One step says something else and the other step jump some where else. Basically what I found is the instruction are not very well documented.

Does any one experience the same or I am the only one here.

If any one install this demo then please let me know the procedure as well

Looking forward to hear from anyone soon about a successfull installation of SP2010 Edu Demo 

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

I actually worked on the install scripts for this and would be happy to discuss this with you and walk thru it with you if you like. I would like to better understand the problems you are running into.

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:55 AM

HI, Kenmal I'm in a similar situation as imranh88, as sed on the installation document, SharePoint Fundation its required, i tried to installed on my Dev. env. which is SharePoint Fundation over W7, without AD, I realy have litle resources to lode up VM....., there is any chance to run the demo with local accounts???.

Thanks's.

A.P.

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Hi, All. I also working with SharePoint 2010 for education and I need normal manual. I read more information about that but nothing help me. I installed Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2 and SharePoint Server 2010. 

First i'd know how configurate Active Directory and local host for this. Into Content Pack Installation Instructions nothing write about this.

When I install People Pack - User Profile & My Site Provisioning 1.0.9 through the ./Install.ps1 (MyComputerName) I get message: "verify that the site is hosted on the local machine". Tell me pls what i need doing.